002: Jeremy Prach, high school teacher by day, networker and events mastermind by night
By day, Jeremy is a high school teacher, by night he’s a powerful networker and mastermind behind a number of fantastic events in the Milwaukee area including: The Riverwest 24, The Milwaukee Community Hockey League, the Flat Out Friday Motorcycle Show.
How do you go from High school teacher to big event promoter?
· “I would like to think that my fellow teachers and I can do anything, particularly stress. When I was teaching, a body could’ve fallen through the ceiling and I would’ve had a plan for it. That really prepared me for just about anything.”
What does success mean to you?
· “I have so much fun organizing a race or whatever I’m doing that the score of money is irrelevant. Instead, if I enjoy doing it and people enjoy participating in it then I’ve achieved success.”
Share with us one of your best networking stories
· “I happened to go to New York City and I was visiting a friend at the bar and I ended up meeting Wu-Tang and getting drinks for free that night!”
How do you stay in front of your network or community?
· “I give all that I can to my communities and expect that they will do the same in return. I try and live by the motto that I give what I can and only take what I need.”
What advice do you have for business professionals looking to grow their networks?
· “I like to look at commonalities between communities and draw confidence from that because I know how to organize that specific community.”
Digital networking or traditional networking?
· “Objectively, social media is pretty fantastic but I really love meeting new people.”
If you could go back 20 years, what would you tell yourself to do more or less of regarding your career?
· “Slow down kid, coffee is for adults. Enjoy people more.”
Who would you love to connect with and do you think you could do it within 7 degrees?
· “I’m fascinated by Barack Obama and I think he’s fascinating in the way he talks. Obama is a pretty high connections so I’m not sure, but when I was standing by Wu-Tang I was thinking I never thought that would’ve happened!”
What book are you reading right now?
· “I’m trying really hard to get off of my nighttime Facebook addiction so I’ve been reading this fantastic book about the history of New Orleans.”
Any final words of advice for our listeners?
· “Try to get out and meet some humans, get about 4 or 5 of them together and you can probably do some neat things!”
You can get in contact with Jeremy Prach at: