From zero to 1 Million dollars in sales, Heather Ann Havenwood has thrived on the support of her network the whole way
About Heather Ann Havenwood
Heather Ann Havenwood is a serial entrepreneur and regarded as a top authority on Digital Marketing, Sales Coaching, and Online Publishing Business Strategies. Heather Ann has been named Top 50 Must Follow Women Entrepreneurs for 2017 by the Huffington Post. She has also been called Chief Sexy Boss™ (nickname from her Amazon Best Seller book Sexy Boss™: How Women are Beating the Big Boys) and others call her an “Icon Creator” or the “Wizard Behind the Curtain”.
In 2006, she started, developed, and grew an online information marketing publishing company from zero to over $1 million in sales in less than 12 months. Starting without a list, a product, a name or an offer, Heather Ann molded her business partner into a successful guru now known as an expert in his field. She has instructed, coached and promoted hundreds of entrepreneurs leading them down the path to success in making money from their knowledge and leveraging it online.
Heather Ann now is nationally syndicated radio show host of ‘The Win’ where she shares her incredible story of success and loss as an entrepreneur and her true happiness in a completely compelling and vulnerable way that audiences can relate to and always learn from.
She talks about achieving ‘The Winners Edge’, from “losing it all’ and discovering her true passion in owning her own businesses and serving her clients by helping them achieve their goals.
Her interviews and speeches are always full of her secrets about communicating, and the power of relationships and leadership. She gives her audience tangible and actionable steps, along with the very importance of self-promotion and leadership skills. Heather Ann shares this in a way that has the listener engrossed and left feeling really inspired.
She lives in Austin Texas where she is a small business advocate and runs 4 online businesses.
What has been your greatest challenge
· “My biggest challenge was probably my bankruptcy, it was one of the hardest things I’ve ever dealt with in my life”
What are you most proud of since starting your entrepreneurial journey?
· “It’s kind of funny because my biggest challenge was also my proudest moment. Working through those challenges and getting myself out of it was big for me.”
How did you get started? Why make the jump from corporate to solo business?
· “I was the number one in sales at an SBC global company and I was the only female sales rep in the office and by far the youngest. So, eventually I was beating everyone and I got fired because of it. I don’t know anything other than I didn’t want to do that ever again.”
Share with us one of your best networking stories
· “I kind of took that term out of my vocabulary because I do a ton of events these days. Something awesome about events is that everyone is there for the same reason and you just happen to meet people when you’re there.”
How do you stay in front of your network or community?
· “I’m really consistent with a networking group. If you’re going to do something like that, do it and do it consistently.”
What advice do you have for business professionals looking to grow their networks?
· “Commit to consistency, pick a group and go to every single meeting no matter what! From there, pick two, keep expanding from there.”
Digital networking or traditional networking?
· “I think a combination. I’m constantly doing digital networking, I’m actually really big on LinkedIn. There’s always the digital networking however, you need to integrate that into traditional networking by going to places.”
If you could go back 20 years, what would you tell yourself to do more or less of regarding your career?
· “I’d probably tell the young 20-year-old girl to be strong, be bold, and when people are upset at you and you’re overshadowing them, it’s okay!”
Who would you love to connect with and do you think you could do it within 6 degrees?
· “I would love to meet Madonna, could I meet her? I don’t know, I don’t have many connections to Hollywood so I think it might be closer to 10 or 11 degrees. I would also love to meet Trump, just to see him in person and see what kind of energy he has.”
What book are you reading right now?
· “It’s called ‘Selling Your Story’ and I’m actually interviewing the author soon in my own podcast.”
Any final words of advice for our listeners?
· “When you’re in a community, the main key is being present, showing up, and consistency. Those are the main, critical pieces that will take you very far!”
You can get in contact with Heather at:
Visit her website at – www.heatherhavenwood.com
Get three free chapters of her audio book at www.sexybossinc.com or by texting sexy to 72000